Thursday 22 March 2012

Tom Ford - Fall 2012 Preview

Here is a little sneak peak of what Tom Ford has to offer for Fall 12. The production quality for this video could have been a little better for a fashion house that represents the luxe life (ok, maybe A LOT better). But video aside, I like how Ford prefers to keep his collections a little more "hush hush" until they are actually out in stores. Adds some mystery to the label.


Now, about the clothes... I like the sophisticated dominatrix feel to this collection. The black leather and snakeskin prints and textiles create a "bad ass" element but the cuts and silhouettes tell a classy story. Love the pop of colour at the beginning with the orange and gold clutch. The frames are werrrk'n! I mean, who could be mad at a modern gold-rimmed take on the 50's cat eye? Towards the middle of the clip, things get a little boring. Some outfits were a little too safe and conservative for my liking . If it wasn't for the accessories to keep my attention then I may have missed my favourite looks in this video.

The last four floor length gowns woke me up like I was late for a dinner date with Tom Ford himself. Especially the white, feather detailed dress with the sheer chest! All I can say is I can't wait to see that dress in HQ! Honorable mention to the black velvet asymmetrical number with the gorgeous jewel appliqué collar. 

--->From Rou to You--->


No comments:

Post a Comment