Sunday 6 May 2012

From the Burbs to the City

My mother was in town for her bi-monthly salsa dancing escapade and to see her favourite son, of course. (Right mommy?) The weather was half decent so we decided to go downtown for a little lunch and shopping. I figured this was the perfect excuse to wear my new teal H&M shorts that I have been saving for the summer. Soft teals are everywhere right now. If you don't have this colour in your closet then this is a problem!

Blazer: Zara, Shoes: Steve Madden, Everything else: H&M (Shocker, right?)
It's safe to say that a blind and deaf hamster has a better sense of direction than I do because we got lost on the way downtown, as always. Is it a bad time to mention that I have lived in Vancouver for 2 years now and still rely on Google maps to get around the city?


Well thank the lord for my terrible sense of direction because otherwise we would not have stumbled upon this picturesque street blanketed by cherry blossoms and complete with a tire swing. I didn't even need to say the words, my mother pulled over immediately and it was picture time.


As you can see in these pictures, my mom really brings out the true me. I let my guard down and had some fun with the camera. The end result: I look like a real person without a big pretentious pole... you know what I'm getting at.
 
Bag: Topman
We FINALLY made it downtown. Just in time too as I was on the brink of collapsing from hunger. Luckily, my mother is a Nurse so I was in good hands. **Disclaimer: I am completely against starving yourself! Was just expecting to eat lunch hours earlier.**


On a side note, yes I am wearing the same socks from my "Nerdy Intentions" post and I'm not sorry. They totally complete this outfit and I washed them. So there!
  
--->From Rou to You--->

No comments:

Post a Comment